The exponential growth of social media in all forms is continuing at unprecedented rates. You may be surprised by what you find in the social media statistics below. We are now entering a phase where social media could be best referred to as mainstream media. This has been coming for some time, but the data now shows without a doubt a tipping point has begun.
If you are active in the space, it might not be surprising to learn about the rise multi-platform user.
In simple terms, this means that we are on more than one main social media platform like Facebook. Now most users are starting to have a secondary base like Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube.
The above, of course, is not an exclusive list.
Key social media statistics worth noting from the Pew Research Data are:
- For the first time, 52% of all online adults are now using two or more social media platforms.
- More than half of all online adults are now using Facebook. This number now stands at 56%
- Instagram is the fastest growing social media property in the world
- In the 18-29 age bracket, 53% are now using Instagram. And in terms of engagement 49% use this site daily.
- In terms of dominance, Facebook remains the most dominant platform
- With 71% of all adult internet users using the platform.
Facebook Statistics that matter:
- There are now 2.41 billion active users every month
- There are 1.59 billion mobile daily active users. So presenting your content in a mobile form matters more than ever. It also happens to matter to Google search as well
Twitter Statistics worth noting
- There are now approximately 330 million monthly active users, sending out over 500 million tweets per day
- 80% of those users, just happen also to be using mobile
Instagram Statistics that matter
- Over 1 billion monthly active users
- 31% of internet users aged 18-24 use Instagram and 32% of internet users between 25 and 34.
- 500 million users use Instagram Stories every day
- *YouTube now has over 2 billion monthly users
- 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch
Half of YouTube views of videos are now on Mobile Devices
* LinkedIn now has over 500 million registered users
Video Statistics that Matter.
* For the average news-feed in Facebook, video presentation has now jumped by over 360%
* On Facebook, 100 million hours of video are watched every day
* Every social media platform is now pushing video
The three takeaways that all marketer must consider are the following.
1. A video marketing strategy is now a must when it comes to producing marketing for social media.
2. A mobile marketing plan is a must for you to succeed.
3. Social media has now entered gone over the tipping point.
With over 52% of all adult internet users utilising two or more platforms.
This is obviously not a complete list of social media statistics, but they are the ones that matter.